Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

It was a busy Mother's Day trying to celebrate all the wonderful moms in our lives. We kicked off the weekend with a wonderful picnic in the Marin Headlands with Lena and John and Kami who was visiting from NYC. Lena is feeling good so thank you for all your prayers we have a lot to celebrate in that!! (Note: the black eye was from an accident with a cart at Home Depot)We brought a wonderful lunch, some kites and some bubbles to enjoy the beautiful views and vistas. Oma loves spending time with Madison and Jack and we are lucky she is so involved in their daily lives. And they love their Oma... from her patience in a 2- hour walk down Chestnut with Jack who has to stop and wave at every bus, truck, and dog or teaching Madison German and and taking her on special playdates which usually involve french fries and some form of chocolate... but that's what Oma's are for. Thank you for all you do for us... we love you!!Sunday... we were off to Danville to celebrate with Grammy....and the crew. My mom is such a source of inspiration, I am constantly wondering how she did it with all of us and now to see her as "grammy" we are so lucky. The kids love the time they spend at Disneyland... I mean "Grammy's" and all the fun projects she has for them. She is a role model for me and has given so much of herself and her time to help me be a good mom... so thanks Mom for being you and for all that you do.. we love you!!
This was a Mother's Day cheers... to all the moms (especially Julie who was celebrating her first Mother's Day) and more importantly to having successfully gotten all 6 kids down for a nap so we could enjoy a calm and quiet lunch.
It was a wonderful day spent outside by the pool. My favorite part of the day was the recordable card Madison made for me that I have played at least 100 times since I got it. Time flies but I feel so blessed to be the mother of these two lovable munchies!! Thanks also to Mark for breakfast in bed and letting me sneak out to the gym... you are a wonderful husband and Dad... I love you!! (It's Mother's Day.. I get to be a little cheezy on my blog, right?)

No comments: